This round is for adding new modules only, if you have not been successful in all of the modules that you have applied for in Round One. You will see the approved modules from Round One and add new modules where necessary. If you are satisfied with the modules that you have been approved for from Round One and do not need to add any more module(s), you do not need to take further action in Round Two. Should you wish to drop an approved module, you may only do so during Round Three.
In this round, you can:
- Select additional Yale-NUS modules via OurCORS.
- Select additional NUS elective modules/NUS CLS language modules. To register for NUS elective/NUS CLS modules in Round Two, please login to Canvas at this link (active during Round Two).
||NUS Elective Modules
||NUS CLS Modules
|Module Registration Rounds
||1, 2 and 3
|Round 2 Deadline for Registration
||By 5.00pm on Friday, 16 November 2018
||By 5.00pm on Friday, 16 November 2018
- To register for NUS elective/NUS CLS modules in Round Two, please submit your request via Canvas by 5.00pm on Friday, 16 November 2018.
- As the timetable for NUS modules is not be available until late November, you may wish to register for NUS modules based on your interest should you be submitting your application during Round One and Round Two. Students who may be interested in modules offered by the NUS University Scholars Programme can consider this list of modules here. Students who may be interested in graduate modules offered by the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy may refer to here.
- Should there be a timetable clash with your Yale-NUS modules after you submit your application in Round One or Round Two, you will need to make adjustments to your choice of modules subsequently.
- Registration of NUS modules are subject to approval from the respective NUS Faculty/School, and the outcome of your application from Round One and Two will only be known at the start of, AY2018/19 Semester 2. Students reading NUS modules are subject to the NUS policy and guidelines governing these modules.
Please also note the following:
- Overload – Although you may apply for an overload with your Assistant Dean during Round One and Round Two, please note that you will only be able to select the additional Yale-NUS module and/or that the additional NUS/NUS CLS module will only be added to you during Round Three if your Assistant Dean approves of your overload. Note Round Two is only for students to add new module(s) if they have not been successful in all of the modules that they have applied for in Round One.
- Common Curriculum Modules – Historical Immersion modules (applicable to students from Class of 2019 & Class of 2020): Modules designated as fulfilling the Historical Immersion (HI) requirement will be opened to Year 4 and Year 3 students only during Round Two module registration so as to award priority to graduating students. Year 4 students who are unsuccessful in enrolling into a HI module during Round One module registration must consider the available HI modules in Round Two, and enroll into one.
- Independent Reading and Research (IRR) Module/Special Project in Science (SPS)/Independent Language Study & Research (ILSR) modules: If you are interested to read an independent study module, please refer to the registration forms. The deadline to submit your registration for an IRR, SPS or ILSR module is 5pm on Friday, 18 January 2019.
- Module Pre-requisite: The same instructions as mentioned above in point 8 under Round One will apply.
- Portfolio submission: The same instructions as mentioned above in point 9 under Round One will apply. Please submit your portfolio no later than noon of Saturday, 17 November 2018.
- Change of Major/Minor: If you plan to change your declared Major/Minor, please submit your request via myYaleNUS. The outcome of the change will be updated in the system once the appropriate approvals are received.
- Round Two Results: Registry will send an email to notify students when the results are available for viewing within 2 to 3 weeks after the close of Round Two module registration. NUS elective modules and NUS CLS language modules will not be visible yet.
- Availability of Modules: You may refer to the Module Brief to check on the availability of each module prior to the start of each registration round.